If you are looking for GATE Coaching in Jaipur, GATE Coaching in Patna, GATE Coaching in Delhi, GATE Coaching in Jalandhar, GATE Coaching in Lucknow, GATE Coaching in Agra, Gate Coaching in Allahabad & GATE coaching in Kanpur, you can reach to our helpline on +91-8094441777. You can download Engineers Academy Android Mobile Application or IOS Mobile application
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
The information in this brochure is mainly categorized into Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application Submission, Examination Centres, etc.), Examination (Pattern, Marks/Score, etc.) and Post-Examination (Answers, Contests, GATE 2019 Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) and it would be distributed over 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th of February 2019. The GATE examination centers are spread in different cities across
India, as well as, in six cities abroad. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note that the GATE 2019 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the GATE 2019 Results.
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee). The GATE Committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and for declaring the Gate 2019 results. For administrative purposes, the examination cities in India are segregated into eight zones. The operations related to GATE, in each of the eight zones, are managed by a Zonal GATE Office at the administering institute (IIT or IISc).
Scholarship/Assistantship for Postgraduate Programs
To avail the financial assistance (scholarship/assistantship), the candidate must first secure the admission to a program in one of the central government supported institutes, by a procedure that could vary from institute to institute. Depending upon the norms adopted by a specific institute or department of the institute, a candidate may be admitted directly into a course based on his/her performance in GATE only; or based on his/her performance in GATE and an admission test/interview conducted by the department to which he/she has applied and/or the candidate’s academic record. In the test/interview based selection procedure, as per the MHRD guidelines, a minimum of 70% weightage will be given to the performance in and the remaining will be GATE given to the candidate’s performance in test/interview and/or academic record. However, the admitting institutes could prescribe a minimum passing marks in the test/interview.
Candidates are advised to seek the complete details of the admission procedures and the availability of MHRD scholarship/assistantship from the corresponding admitting institutions. The criteria for postgraduate admission with scholarship/assistantship could be different for different institutions. The management of the post-graduate scholarship/assistantship is also the responsibility of the admitting institution. Similarly, reservation of the seats for different categories will be as per the policies and norms of the admitting institution and the Government of India rules.
The admitting institute may also specify the number of candidates who will be provided financial assistance (scholarship) if admission is secured. Qualification in GATE is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations.
1. Call for admissions to M.Tech./Ph.D. will be advertised separately by the respective institutions and GATE committee is not responsible for the admission process.
2. GATE zonal offices will not entertain any inquiry about admission, reservation of seats and/or award of scholarship/assistantship.
2.3. Use of GATE score for Employment
In the past, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI).
Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers/Employment News/Rozgar Samachar by the concerned authority.
Some other Governments of India Organizations have also expressed their interest to utilize GATE 2019 score for their recruitment purpose.
Note: GATE administration is not responsible for employment opportunities. The qualified candidates must check newspapers and other reliable sources for any such information.
About GATE 2019
- IIT Madras is the organizing institute for GATE 2019.
- Information website for GATE 2019 is http://gate.iitm.ac.in
- GATE 2019 will be conducted on 2 4 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
- Examination for all the 24 subjects (papers) will be conducted as an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) types. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
- A candidate can appear only in ANYONE paper of the GATE examination.
- GATE 2019 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th of February 2019.
- Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2019 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session ONLY.
- Exact details of the complete examination schedule will be notified later on the GATE 2019 website.
- Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The link will be made available on the GATE 2019 website http://gate.iitm.ac.in ).
- The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/documents etc. is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to IIT Madras or any of the zonal GATE offices.
- The payment of application fees is through electronic mode.
- The Admit Cards for GATE 2019 would be available only on the GOAPS website. Candidates can download their Admit Card from GOAPS website. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
- The candidate has to appear at the GATE Examination Centre on the date and time specified in the Admit Card.
- No request for any changes in the Centre or Date/Time specified in the Admit Card will be entertained. Similarly, this being an examination body with certain constraints, candidates needing a very special or specific facility for the examination may not be entertained. Hence, candidates are requested to adhere to the facilities that are possible within the ambit and resources of GATE Examination Body.
Engineers Academy is a prominent name in the field of coaching for technical course GATE, ESE/IES, PSU’s, SSC JE (Junior Engineer), RSPB AE/JE, RPSC AE, UPPCL, DMRC, JMRC and Many more exams in PAN India.
Students can go through with GATE 2019-20 Exam Pattern, GATE 2020 Syllabus, GATE previous years papers, GATE Question Papers, ESE Previous Years Papers, ESE Questions Papers, SSC JE Syllabus, Junior Exam Syllabus, SSC Je Civil Question Papers, SSC JE Mechanical Question Papers, SSC JE Electrical Question Papers at our website and mobile applications on all platforms.
User can go through to our Engineers Academy’s Online Test Series Portal for GATE, ESE & SSC JE for Free GATE online test series, Free GATE online mock test, Free ESE Online Mock test, Free SSC JE Online Mock test & SSC JE online test series, GATE online test series, ESE online test series.