Scheme of Examination
- The Examination will consist of two Papers i.e. Paper-I (Computer Based Examination) and Paper-II (Descriptive Type). Details of these Papers are as follows:
Mode of Examination
No of Questions/ Maximum marks
Duration & Timings
Paper-I Objective Type (Date of Examination : To be notified later)
Computer Base Examination
(i) General Intelligence and Reasoning
2 Hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe as per
(ii) General Awareness
(Civil & Structural)
(Date of Examination:
To be notified later)
(Civil & Structural)
(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe as per
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per option given in the application form filled by the candidate. In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contracts) are required to attempt Part-A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper- II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) are required to attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) are required to attempt Part-C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which their candidature will be rejected.
- The Paper-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
- Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs 100/- per question. Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
- The Paper-II will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and part in English will be awarded zero marks.
- Paper-II, candidates must write their correct Roll Number and Subject at the prescribed places on the cover page of the Answer Book. Candidates must also affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number, Subject, Signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression will not be evaluated and such candidates shall be awarded zero marks.
- Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity e.g. name, roll number, mobile number, address, etc inside the Answer Book (Paper-II). The candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks.