India is a developing country with an annual growth rate of 10 percent in the field of construction and infrastructure. With this high growth rates you should consider yourself lucky if you are a civil engineer as 10 percent growth rate in construction sector will create tons of job opportunities for civil engineers in upcoming years in India.
On an average civil engineering salary in India has been increased significantly due to enormours demand in this field for past couple of years. If you are a civil engineering student or graduating in a year or so then civil engineering field will offer you 4th highest salary in the country after Oil, software, IT and energy sector.
Diploma engineering has seen growing popularity in India in the last decade. The reason for this is obvious that it allows a student to enter into a professional course only after 10 years of schooling.
Civil engineering diploma holders can go for various advance diploma courses. After successfully completing civil engineering diploma one can directly pursue the following advanced diploma course or one can do the B.Tech course through the lateral entry program as well.
- Advanced diploma in drafting and design
- Advanced diploma in structural design
- Advanced diploma in construction management
- Advanced diploma in surveying
One can get into the following B.Tech courses via lateral entry
- Bachelor of engineering in agricultural and irrigation engineering
- Bachelor of technology in civil engineering
- Bachelor of technology in ceramics and cement technology
- Bachelor of technology in transportation engineering
To improve their career prospects one can do the following certification courses as well
- Certificate course in building design
- Certificate course in construction management
If you are not interested then many company offer job for the diploma holder.
Top government undertaking that recruit civil engineering diploma holders include
- National fertilizers limited
- Cement corporation limited
- Hindustan zinc limited
- National thermal power corporation
- Bharat heavy electrical limited
- Hindustan paper corporation limited
- MMTC limited
- Bharat sanchar nigam limited
- Power grid corporation of India limited
You can check also PSUs recruiting through GATE 2018 Exam.
To prepare for the civil engineering competitive exams, firstly you need to clear your basics of various subjects and make them your strong suit as they will help you to solve any and what better to solve a problem. Since you have cleared your basics, it all depends upon which competitive exam you are going to take. Your preparation should oriented on which exam you are going to take. The two most important exams for every civil engineer are: graduate aptitude test in engineering (GATE) and engineering service examinations (ESE) which are conducted by different IIT’s and union public service commission (UPSC). For GATE coaching in Jaipur, Delhi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jalandhar & Patna you can click here.
Most job start off with at least a few years of hard labor at lower pay than you’d like. What’s more important is looking ahead at people well into a career track to determine whether the lifestyle they lead is desirable to you. It is your career so decide any field according to own interest not by parents or any other interest.