ESE 2019 Eligibility
Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, of the exam year.
- The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relax-able up to 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relax-able:
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a scheduled caste or a scheduled tribe.
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC category.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of defence service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof.
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st January, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Minimum Educational Qualification: For admission to the examination, a candidate must have –
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:- For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts) - M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.