How to Prepare for SSC JE 2017-18
SSC- JEn : Exam pattern
The common entrance test of the SSC Junior Engineer Exam consists of two papers. Paper-I is an objective type based paper which is taken on an online exam (CBT) while Paper-II is subjective.
Paper-I have the following sections :
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Technical : Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Paper-II has three parts from General Engineering section which are :
- Part A : Civil & Structural
- Part B : Electrical
- Part C : Mechanical
SSC JE : How to prepare
- Go through the complete exam syllabus. Analysis important chapters and topics and write down impotent points and topics. When you revise, you can easily understand at these main points as these short points are made by you.
- Get the appropriate study materials before you start your preparation for SSC junior Engineer exam. You can get books as per latest syllabus, online study notes and other study materials.
- Keep clearing all your doubts with your friends or teachers in time. If you are having difficulty in any topic, take expert guidance and do timely preparation.
- Time management applies not only to the time you take out to study but also on how you utilize those 4-5 hours every day. Try to come up with methods to solve questions faster so you wouldn’t be wasting a lot of time during the exam. This will help you answer all the questions within the allotted time.
- While solving practice papers , try to focus on speed as well as the accuracy. For this, you need to take as many mock exams as possible before the actual test.
- As the mode of examination of SSC-JEn has been changed and now it is computer based test. So do practice with online test series. Which is easily available on any coaching website. This will be very helpful in your examination and in check accuracy and time management.
- Daily update yourself with the latest current affairs and general knowledge. This will help you in the exam.
- Take last 5 years question paper and note the important questions, repeated questions and pattern. Try to solve each type of question from these topics.
- If you don’t know the answer for a question, move to the next question. Do not stuck with a single question. You need to score a minimum score to secure the cut off marks.
- Memorize all the important formulas and short tricks for the questions. Also, make it a habit to get enough written practice in numerical and tricky questions.
If you follow these tips carefully, you can achieve good results for sure!