ESE 2018 Eligibility
The candidate must be one of the following-
- A citizen of India
- A citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
At least a bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E. / B. Tech) from a recognized university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain services / posts only.
21–30 years on 1 January of the year of Engineering Services Examination.
Upper age limit relaxation is provided to candidates as follows:
- A maximum of Three years for OBC candidates [Non Creamy Layer only].
- A maximum of Four years in case of Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- A maximum of Five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- A maximum of Five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989.
- A maximum of Five years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1 August.