IA Exam Syllabus
Part – 1 : Written Examination
Aptitute Test, General Awareness in Information Technology and Fundamentals of Computer :
- Problem Solving, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability and Analytical Reasoning. General Knowledge and Current Affairs relating to India and Rajasthan, Major developments in the field of Information Technology.
- Overview of the Computer System including input-output devices, pointing devices and scanner.
- Introduction to Operating System, Word Processing (MS-Word), Spread Sheet Software (MS-Excel), Presentation Software (MS Power Point), DBMS Software (MS-Access).
- Representation of Data (Digital versus Analog, Number System – Decimal, Binary and Hexadecimal), Introduction to Data Processing, Concepts of files and its types.
- Introduction to Internet Technology and Protocol, LAN, MAN, WAN, Search Services / Engines, Introduction to online & offline messaging, Word Wide Web Browsers, Web publishing, Creation & maintenance of Websites, HTML Interactivity Tools, Multimedia and Graphics, Voice Mail and Video Conferencing, Introduction to e-Commerce.
- Security : Protecting Computer Systems from viruses and malicious attacks, Introduction to Firewalls and its utility, Backup & Restoring data.
- Algorithms for Problem Solving, Introduction to C Language, Principles and Programming Techniques, Introduction to Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) concepts, Introduction to “Integrated Development Environment” and its advantages.
Part – II – Typing Speed Test
Speed tests in Hindi and English languages on Computer Machine shall be taken of only those candidates who have qualified the Part – I of the examination. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Part-II of the examination (Qualifying Typing Speed Test) shall be about three times of the advertised vacancies (category wise).