Career Options Through GATE
IISc, IITs, NITs Central University, Govt. College, Private College accept GATE score for their M. Tech/ME/MS & PhD programs, there are more than 10,000 seats available. Stipend: Rs. 12400 per month & Rs. 30,000 per month is providing to students pursing Master and PhD respectively.
• A Student with a valid GATE score also becomes eligible for Project assistantship at IITs/IISc/NITs.
• Final year students of B. Tech can now apply for direct Ph.D on the basis of their B. Tech percentage marks & GATE score. After PhD there are numerous options in India & abroad in MNCs, Academic & Research institute etc. Scholarship for this course is Rs. 25000/- per month & government is planning to increase it further.
• PSUs requitement through GATE in IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, EIL, NTPC & 40 + public sector. Average package of varies from 10-16 lakh per annum.
• If you don’t have first class in Engineering and if it is a hurdle to apply for some of the jobs the like teaching. It can be overcome by doing M.Tech/MS.
• You can do management side by doing PG Diploma of 2 year in Industrial engineering in NITIE Mumbai, where admissions are based on GATE score and interview. Area of specialization Operation Management, Supply Chain Management, IT and Systems, Marketing Management, Finance and Human Resources Management.
• Various reputed private companies prefer GATE qualified candidates for direct interview. A gate qualified student gets benefit over other students during the recruitment of core and software companies. Following is the sector wise list of such companies which consider GATE score-
1. Oil and Energy- Exxon Mobil, Reliance, Transocean, Chevron, Schlumberger
2. Finance- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Citi Bank, HSBC
3. FMCG- HUL, ITC, Trident
4. Consulting- Mckinsey, KPMG, Deloitte
5. IT- Microsoft, Amazon
6. Samsung, Google, TATA, Maruti, Siemens, CISCO, Skoda, LG electronics etc.
• CSIR laboratories are also offering stipend of Rs 16000/- to Rs 28000/- to the candidates who have qualified the GATE. There are two type of fellowship which are based on stipend 1.Junior Research Fellowship 2.Senior Research Fellowship
• The GATE score Card is mandatory for the admission in some institutes like BARC. DGFS (DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme) fellows are paid a stipend of Rs. 20000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of Rs.5,000/-.
• The GATE qualified candidates is eligible for the library funds of Rs 5000/ per year if they took admission in UGC or AICET recognized institutes. This fund is given to the students to meet their needs of notes/ books/ CDs etc during their completion of courses of ME/ M.Tech